A BIG BANG OR DIVINE CREATION?
POINTS TO PONDER
- Evolutionary theory teaches the universe began from a rapidly expanding spacial singularity, spreading out both energy and space.
- Big Bang – 15 BYA.
- Stars – 10 BYA.
- Sun 5 BYA.
- Molten Earth – 4.5 BYA.
- First Oceans – 3.8 BYA.
- *The models evolve over time and billions of years are magically added!
The Bible says,
- Days 1 and 2 – Expanse of water covers the Earth.
- Day 3 – Dry land and plants created.
- Day 4 – Sun, moon, and stars created.
- Day 5 – Sea and flying creatures created.
- Day 6 – Land animals and man created.
- Physicists claim monopoles should have been created in the hot, high temperature conditions of the Big Bang.
- No monopoles have been found.
- Universe expansion rate is finely balanced with the force of gravity.
- Cosmology predicts the expansion rate of the universe will not remain constant, being either “opened”, or “closed”.
- Big Bang theory predicts hydrogen and helium gas would be created from energy as the universe expanded.
- The problem is the reaction should also produce an equal quantity of antimatter, which just does not exist.
- Our universe contains only matter with only trace amounts of antimatter, otherwise mutual destruction would be the result.
ASTRONOMY VS THE BIBLE
POINTS TO PONDER
- “It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers…” (Isaiah 40:22)
- “He hath compassed the waters with bounds, until the day and night come to an end.” (Job 26:10)
Earth floats in space
- “He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing.” (Job 26:7)
- “It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in.” (Isaiah 40:22)
- Scientific evidence confirms the universe is expanding.
- The moon is slowly moving away from the earth, at a rate of about 1.5” per year.
- It logically follows the moon must therefore have been closer to the earth in past.
- If the earth is billions of years old, the moon would have been in physical contact with the earth 1.4 BYA!
Planetary magnetic fields
- The magnetic field of the earth weakens every year.
- Outer planets in the solar system have very strong magnetic fields, therefore if the planets are really billions of years old, why are their magnetic fields still intact?
- Spiral galaxies rotate slowly, with the inner regions rotating faster than the outer areas.
- After millions of years these galaxies should be wound up tightly in upon themselves.
- And yet…observations indicate there are large numbers of intact spiral galaxies.
- A comet has an estimated maximum lifespan of about 100,000 years before disintegrating completely.
- Astronomers invented the idea of the “Ort Cloud”, to act is a vast reservoir of icy masses orbiting far away from the sun.
- Their unproven theory is every now and then an icy mass falls into the inner solar system as a comet.
- Contrary to this theory, no evidence for an Ort Cloud exists.
POINTS TO PONDER
How does it work?
- As molten rock cools, it is believed the intense heat forces any gaseous daughter elements to escape. After the rock has cooled, it is further assumed no further atoms can escape, so any daughter element found in the rock is the result of radioactive decay.
- Using the decay rate and amount of daughter element present, calculations are made to determine the date. Ex. Uranium decays into lead.
- The decay rate is measured in terms of half-life which can be accurately determined scientifically.
Science and assumptions
- Dating methods also rely upon historical science, which naturally cannot be observed.
- Observational science is used to measure the amount of remaining daughter element.
- Unobservable environmental conditions present in the past?
- Since we cannot directly measure the age of an object, assumptions are used along with appropriate scientific techniques.
- Three unprovable critical assumptions: (1) The initial conditions of the rock sample, (2) The amounts of either the parent or daughter elements have been unaffected by unknown processes, (3) The half-life decay remains constant.
- Lava samples of known age (Mount St. Helens), have been dated as millions of years old due to false assumptions. *Since the date of eruption is known, and the date of the lava is known, any “scientific” measurements claiming the dates are “millions of years old”, are therefore invalid!
- Used as an attempt to eliminate one of the assumptions in single-sample radiometric dating.
- The process involves analyzing data from four or more samples from the same rock unit.
- The technique uses different assumptions, and therefore can be incorrect determining the dates of rock formation.
- Calculated dates can vary widely across the same rock samples.
- Measures the amount of helium in granite rocks.
- Granite rock contains zircon crystals containing radioactive uranium U238, which decays into lead Pb206.
- For every atom that decays into lead results in (8) helium atoms being formed, which quickly pass out of the granite.
- U238 decays to Pb206 with a half-life of 4.47 BYA, meaning granite should not have any helium remaining. However, the large amounts of helium present in zircon crystals indicate their age is very much younger!
POINTS TO PONDER
- It’s all about reproduction, whereby some individuals reproduce more than others.
- New genetic information cannot be added, only lost.
- Mutations cannot increase information.
- God purposefully created animals to diversify over time, encoding them with the necessary genetic information to respond to changing environments and conditions. It is important to note this is NOT evolution, which demands new genetic information be added over time, which is of course utter nonsense!
- The biblical term, “Kinds” is a more correct and accurate classification than the scientific term, “Species“ (i.e dogs came from wolves, so wolves are still dogs!).
- Creation and evolutionary models predict the formation of new species.
- Natural selection is only able to “select” from pre-existing information already present. Consider the tremendous variation in dogs in terms of size, colour, temperament, physical and cognitive ability, and so forth. Are all dogs “still dogs”? Yes, of course! The genetic information God encoded into the “Wolf kind”, enabled over time the wide variety of dogs we see today. Likewise, fish are “still fish”, birds are “still birds”, and so forth. Why do domestic cats exhibit the major characteristics of lions, tigers, and leopards? Because they are all part of the “Cat kind”!
- Both natural selection and genetic mutation work in the opposite direction predicted by evolution.
POINTS TO PONDER
- Is strong evidence against evolution. Genetics is not your friend if you believe in evolutionary theory!
- Genetic randomness produces nothing.
- Complex informational networks are essential to life.
- DNA is a long sticky string copied to become RNA.
- RNA produces proteins via complex cellular machines.
- DNA is an extraordinarily complex linear information code, while proteins are a 3-dimensional information code. All cellular information systems are unimaginably complex, interrelated, and either exist in a fully functional state all at once or not at all!
- Proteins are folded into a 3-dimensional shape by a protein-folding machine, which of course had to functionally exist before the first protein was created.
- All living cells utilize complex communication networks.
- Cell addressing?
- Information language?
- Genetics is absolute proof of an intelligent Creator!
- Arrogantly, evolutionary geneticists assume approximately 98% of our cellular RNA is “junk”. How arrogant!
- Genetic mutations are increasing over time. Therefore if the human race is degenerating over time, the theory of evolution becomes impossible. Genetic mutation is lethal to evolutionary theory.
ORIGINS OF LIFE
POINTS TO PONDER
- Evolutionists theorize the existence of a “primordial soup” on earth billions of years ago.
- Water destroys chemical bonds faster than they are formed.
- “RNA World” is a fantasy. RNA is highly unstable and easily destroyed.
- RNA requires proteins to copy itself, which of course implies proteins must have existed before the RNA itself.
- RNA is unstable and requires functional repair systems.
- Life on earth uses protein-bases enzymes, not RNA based.
- ATP molecular machines are irreducible, highly complex, and must be present and functional from the start.
- Random processes do not produce new information.
- Life requires lots of protected cellular information to be able to copy itself.
- Life has never been produced in a laboratory.
- Even simple life is incredibly complex!
- DNA? Enzymes? Both are needed intact and fully functional right from the start, so which came first?
POINTS TO PONDER
- Supports rapid catastrophic events in the past.
- The observable fossil record did not require long time periods to form, perhaps requiring only a matter of months.
- The are millions of fossils which do not confirm evolution; no transitional fossils exist anywhere on earth!
- Jellyfish and raindrops have been found fossilized.
- Complete ecosystems were fossilized together because of the Flood.
- Horseshoe crabs, jellyfish, and other creatures dated as 100’s MYA are identical to ones live today, in utter defiance of evolutionary theory.
- Neanderthals and humans are the same species.
- Blood tissues and red blood cells have been found in “old” fossils, including dinosaurs. What is your answer, O theory of evolution?
- DNA and proteins found in T-Rex cells.
- Fossils provide evidence of rapid processes.
POINTS TO PONDER
- Faulty assumptions yield inaccurate results!
- A majority of geologists believe in uniformitarism.
- Catastrophic events has done most of the work observed in geology.
- Mount St. Hellen’s eruption deposited vast amounts of finely layered sediments, ten’s of feet thick in a matter of days.
- “Fountains of the deep” released incredible amounts of energy over a short period of time.
- Incredible geological activity took place during the Flood, including continental fracturing, continental sprinting, large tectonic plate movements.
- Large slabs of cold ocean crust were drawn down into the mantle; would they not be warmed up after “millions of years”?
- Lava flows confirm rapid magnetic field reversals as predicted by flood geology.
- The Grand Canyon is one of many places in the world where we layers of rock many feet thick, folded and contorted without breakage or fracturing. Evolutionary geologists claim these rock layers were laid down grain by grain, over eons of time, without being blown away or displaced by wind, rain, snow, etc. Does this sound at all reasonable? Logically, their argument must claim these grains of sand “magically” remained intact and in place over millions of years, converted into solid rock, and somehow through a unknown process, folded and bent without fracturing. Have you ever tried to bend cured concrete or solid rock without it bending?
POINTS TO PONDER
- The “Big Bang” fails to explain scientific observations.
- The universe consists of approximately 96% dark energy and matter, and about 4% normal matter and energy.
- Cosmology is not real science, as it ignores the facts and evidence in favour of unproven theories and fables.
- 1st Day.
- 2nd Day.
- The Earth (firmament).
- “And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.” (Genesis 1:6-7)
- 3rd Day.
- Dry land.
- Waters gathered together (seas).
- Fruit trees.
- 4th Day.
- 5th Day.
- Life in the sea.
- 6th Day.
- Land Creatures.
- 7th Day.
- God said “everything was good”.
- God rested.
MISCELLANEOUS CREATION VERSES
The Earth belongs to God.
”The earth is the LORD’s, and the fullness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.” (Psalm 24:1)
Earth founded upon the seas.
“For he hath founded it upon the seas, and established it upon the floods.” (Psalm 24:2)
Waters of the sea gathered.
”By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth. He gathereth the waters of the sea together as an heap: he layeth up the depth in storehouses.
Let ask the earth fear the LORD: let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him. For he spake, and it was done; he commanded, and it stood fast.” (Psalm 33:6-9)
He made great lights.
”To him that stretched out the earth above the waters: for his mercy endure the for ever.
To him that made great lights: for his mercy endureth for ever: The sun to rule by day: for his mercy endureth for ever.
The moon and stars to rule by night: for his mercy endureth for ever.” (Psalm 36:6-9)
God laid the earth’s foundations.
”Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.
Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou know east? or who hath stretched the line upon it?
Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof;
When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?
Or who shut up the sea with doors, when it brake forth, as if it had issued out of the womb?
When I made the cloud the garment thereof, and thick darkness a swaddling band for it, And brake up for it my decreed place, and set bars and doors,
And brake up for it my decreed place, and set bars and doors, And said, Hitherto shalt thou come, but no farther: and here shall thy proud waves be stayed?
Hast thou commanded the morning since thy days; and caused the day spring to know his place; That it might take hold of the ends of the earth, that the wicked might be shaken out of it?” (Job 38:4-13)
Light and darkness.
”Where is the way where light dwelleth? and as for darkness, where is the place thereof, That thou shouldest take it to the bound thereof, and that thou shouldest know the paths to the house thereof?” (Job 38:19-20)
Ice and snow.
”Hast thou entered into the treasures of the snow? or hast thou seen the treasures of the hail, Which I have reserved against the time of trouble, against the day of battle and war?” (Job 38:22-23)
“Out of whose womb came the ice? and the Hoary frost of heaven, who hath gendered it? The waters are hid as with a stone, and the face of the deep is frozen.” (Job 38:29-30)
Foundations of the earth unmoved.
”Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever. Thou coveredst it with the deep as with a garment: the waters stood above the mountains.” (Psalm 104:5-6)
Waters under God’s command.
”Thou coveredst it with the deep as with a garment: the waters stood above the mountains. At thy rebuke they fled; at the voice of thy thunder they hasted away. They go up by the mountains; they go down by the valleys unto the place which thou hast founded for them.
Thou hast set a bound that they may not pass over; that they turn not again to cover the earth. He sendeth the springs into the valleys, which run among the hills. They give drink to every beast of the field: the wild asses quench their thirst.” (Psalm 104:5-11)
God brings forth green herbs.
”He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth.” (Psalm 104:14)
The LORD provides homes for the animals.
”Where the birds make their nests: as for the stork, the fir trees are her house. The high hills are a refuge for the wild goats; and the rocks for the conies.” (Psalm 104:17-18)
The LORD creates darkness.
”He appointed the moon for seasons: the sun knoweth his going down. Thou makest darkness, and it is night: wherein all the beasts of the forest do creep together.” (Psalm 104:19-20)
God filled the seas with life.
”O LORD, how manifold are thy works! in wisdom hast thou made them all: the earth is full of thy riches. So is this great and wide sea, wherein are things creeping innumerable, both small and great beasts.
There go the ships: there is that leviathan, whom thou hast made to play therein.” (Psalm 104:24-26)
Glory to God’s creation.
”When I consider thy heavens, the works of thy fingers, the moon and stars, which thou hast ordained; What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and has crowned him with glory and honour.
Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet: All sheep and oxen, yea, and the beasts of the field; The fowl of the air, and the fish of the sea, and whatsoever passeth through the paths of the seas.” (Psalm 8:3-8)
The Earth founded by God’s wisdom.
“The LORD by wisdom hath founded the earth; by understanding hath he established the heavens. By his knowledge the depths are broken up, and the clouds drop down the dew.” (Proverbs 3:19-20)
THE GREAT FLOOD OF NOAH
Earth corrupted with sin.
”The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence. And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.
And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.” (Genesis 6:11-13)
Instructions to Noah.
”Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch. And this is the fashion which thou shalt make it of: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits.
A window shalt thou make to the ark, and in a cubit shalt thou finish it above; and the door of the ark shalt thou set thereof; with lower, second, and third stories shalt thou make it.” (Genesis 6:14-16)
Water to cover and destroy the Earth.
”And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in earth shall die.” (Genesis 6:17).
Also, “For this is as the waters of Noah unto me: for as I have sworn that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth.” (Isaiah 54:9)
A covenant by promise.
”But with thee will I establish my covenant; and thou shalt come into the ark, thou, and thy sons, and thy wife, and thy sons’ wives with thee.
And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shall thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female.
Of fowls after their kind and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the earth after his kind, two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive.
And take thou unto thee of all food that is eaten, and thou shalt gather it to thee; and it shall be for food for thee, and for them.
Thus did Noah; according to all that God commanded him, so did he.” (Genesis 6:18-22)
Come ye into the ark.
”And the LORD said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation.
Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female. Of fowls also of the air by sevens, the male and the female; to keep seed alive upon the face of all the earth.
For yet seven days, and I will cause it to rain upon the earth forty days and forty nights; and every living substance that I have made will I destroy from off the face of the earth.
And Noah did according unto all that the LORD commanded him. And Noah was six hundred years old when the flood of waters was upon the earth.
And Noah went in, and his sons, his wife, and his sons’ wives with him, into the ark, because of the waters of the flood.
Of clean beasts, and of beasts that are not clean, and of fowls, and of every thing that creepeth upon the earth, There went in two and two unto Noah into the ark, the male and the female, as God had commanded Noah.
And it came to pass after seven days, that the waters of the flood were upon the earth. (Genesis 7:1-10)
The Flood begins.
”In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of the heaven were opened.
And the rain was upon the earth forty days and forty nights. In the selfsame day entered Noah, and Shem, and Ham, and Japheth, the sons of Noah, and Noah’s wife, and the three wives of his sons with them, into the ark:
They, and every beast after his kind, and all the cattle after their kind, and every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind, and every fowl after his kind, ever bird of every sort.
And they went in unto Noah into the ark, two and two of all flesh, wherein is the breath of life. And they that went in, went in male and female of all flesh, as God had commanded him: and the LORD shut him in.
And the flood was forty days upon the earth; and the waters increased, and bare up the ark, and it was lift up above the earth.” (Genesis 7:11-17)
The waters prevail.
”And the waters prevailed, and were increased greatly upon the earth; and the ark went upon the face of the waters.
And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered. Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail: and the mountains were covered.
And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man.
All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died.
And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark. And the waters prevailed upon the earth an hundred and fifty days.” (Genesis 7:18-24)
The waters recede.
”And God remembered Noah, and every living thing, and all the cattle that was with him in the ark: and God made a wind to pass over the earth, and the waters asswaged;
The fountains also of the deep and the windows of heaven were stopped, and the rain from heaven was restrained;
And the waters returned from off the earth continually: and after the end of the hundred and fifty days the waters were abated.
And the ark rested in the seventh month, on the seventeenth day of the month, upon the mountains of Ararat.
And the waters decreased continually until the tenth month: in the tenth month, on the first day of the month, were the tops of the mountains seen.” (Genesis 8:1-5)
THE NEW TESTAMENT CONFIRMS DIVINE CREATION
“For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.” (Romans 1:18-21)
Jesus Himself says there was a Flood.
“But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.” (Matthew 24:37-39)
People of the old world were willingly ignorant.
“For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.” (2 Peter 3:5-7)
God spared not the old world.
”For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment; And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly.” (2 Peter 2:4-5)
Noah was saved in the Ark.
”By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.” (Hebrews 11:7)
Jesus created all things.
“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.” (John 1:1-5)
“Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.” (Colossians 1:15-17)
Jesus established the Earth’s foundations.
“And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands: They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment; And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.” (Hebrews 1:10-12)
If you are a Christian clinging to evolution as an explanation to the origins of life, I gently wish to point out the following obvious contradiction. As I have (hopefully) clearly illustrated, it is God, or more specifically, Jesus, who brought the universe and all things into existence. Therefore, it seems incredible to me how on one hand you so rightly trust Jesus as your Saviour, while on the other, deny He created the earth in a literal six days. Now I am not saying this is a salvation issue; however, to reject the clear and obvious teachings of Scripture is very troubling for me. Are you not, in effect, accusing God of lying? After all, the Bible categorically states God created everything; sun, moon, stars, water, earth, and all life, virtually in the blink of an eye. So, if you are truly saved and dwelling in Christ, Whom you claim to love; how is it you are comfortable accusing our Beloved of lying? For those of you who who do not yet follow Jesus, what are you waiting for? How much evidence do you require before you will believe?
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen,
being understood by the things that are made.